I Use Firefox!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hide and seek.

It doesn't really work that well with God. You hide, He seeks. Thing is, He's everywhere (omnimpresent) and sees everything (omniscient), so He always sees you.

Stuff Christians Like posted this morning about how he feels that God is "on the other side of the fence," When really, He's on both sides. Something to think about, and a good thing to realize.
All too often, I am a two-year old closing my eyes. I am a child misbehaving. I am a toddler that thinks that as soon as I mess up and my little world goes dark with sin and I feel that I can no longer see God, that He can no longer see me. The moment I make a decision that shuts Him out, He does the same to me. When I can't see Him, He can't see me.

This is simply and wonderfully not true. He also pulls from Job chapter 23, where Job is wondering where God might be, that he may argue with Him and lay his case before Him. Verses 8 and 9 are directly applicable,
8Behold, I go forward, but he is not there,
and backward, but I do not perceive him;
9on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him;
he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him.

Just because we cannot see God does not mean He loses sight of us, as Job so kindly makes clear in verse 10:
But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.

No comments: