I Use Firefox!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Geocities rehash Part 2: Banners

Late in the month of November 2005, I had a banner-posting fiesta.
This one:
Last Days
this one:
Last Days with URL
(had to make sure you got the website)
and this one:
Latin Motto:
Now, most of my Latin from High School has left me, but at the time I was fresh out of my Senior year, so apparently I thought it's be pretty neat to have a slogan that no one would understand. If I recall correctly, I think I modified some famous Roman's motto. I shall now attempt to translate. It reads: "Obey God; serve mankind; oppose tyranny!"

Ok ok, I have something to admit. I didn't actually translate it, because my version would have been "Venerate God, serve man, obliterate tyrrany", though that would have been close. No, I chose to Google it, which gave me the googlebomb of Mike New's webpage: http://www.mikenew.com/motto.html. His story is a good one, and I still support his views of duty, honor, and country. You can read up on his webpage to see what his situation is, or watch a half-hour documentary on Google Video.

11 days later, I made this web banner. Fire Slogan
I believe I got the slogan from "The Advertising Slogan Generator", which was all the rage for about three minutes sometime 3 years ago. I believe I could consider myself a fadboy... but I've grown up and my perception has matured a bit. I now research things far more than most people do, and reject the more ridiculous fanboyisms.

Gilligan (GO MAC/LINUX!)

1 comment:

Schmitty said...

I remember the ad slogan generator. That was a loooong time ago. ^_^

<3