I Use Firefox!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Why did man invent debit cards?

Crap! Shoot! Dangit! Blast! Stupid, stupid me... *sigh* When will I learn that money needs to be saved, and not spent?? Oh well. At least I get a camera out of the deal.

You see, there's this lovely website called auctionsniper.com, and it's sole purpose is to help ensure that you will win the products you bid on eBay for. In the past, I have used this site as an easy way to keep track of prices, since I generally put in a max price lower than the item ends up at. I'm generally a pretty good guesser, but this time, I guessed a little too high. It's kind of like a reverse "The Price is Right".

So, there was this digital camera I saw a while back (a month or so) and figured it couldn't hurt to replace my own camera, with it's lack of desire to stay on for more than a few seconds or so (Mysteriously, this quirk seems to come and go), and it's lack of an SD card as memory. (My lappy has an SD card reader built in.) So I was looking around and saw some cameras I thought were nice, one was really good, and came with something like 4 extras (really good deal, even if it was a little bit more than the retail price for the camera itself), and a few other, lesser models, that didn't come with the extras, but were also a third to half the price.

I went to my favorite sniping site, and plugged in some prices, $50 for one, and $100 for another, and the $50 item shot up like a rocket. Unfortunately, the item I bid $100 on only got two bids, a $95 bid, and my snipe at $96. I checked my email this morning which gladly informed me that the auction had ended at midnight, and that I had won. Yay me. :-/

So now, I've blown my savings for the next month, and won't be traveling anywhere anytime soon. Luckily, I've also got a focus group meeting next Monday that'll get me $75, and I'll be doing some work on the side that might get me $50 or so. I was planning on saving that money for something special, but it looks like I'll just have to find odd jobs for extra cash. I've got to get some stuff done for my old high school, I wonder if they'd be looking for summer work?
Not many places (read: none that I've looked at) will hire work for less than 6 months, and I really need some extra money to get me through the school year. God, I screwed up with my finances yet again, but the situation isn't hopeless yet. Please help me out of this, and teach me so that it sticks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This pretty much sums up my finance-management skills in a nutshell.

Three cheers for being broke?