I Use Firefox!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I don't like it.

This thing inside me... this failing organ, this diabetes, or LADA, as they like to classify it. I'm working on getting an insulin pump, which might make things easier... I've gone from being on the high end of normal blood sugars consistently last week to being on the low side of normal consistently this week. It's not fun. I'd really like a Continuous Glucose Monitoring system.... but those things are a bit ambiguous as far as insurance coverage goes. I'm in talks with Animas, who makes the pump I want, and I'll ask them about the CGM solution they're working with/on.

I wanted to rant on stuff failing or being difficult, but I'm really kinda tired out from something... can't really tell if it's the blood sugar levels or the middle-of-the-week Cold Stone shift. I'm definitely quitting there by the end of the month. I think I'll bring that up at the crew meeting on Saturday morning (that I'm currently the only one signed up for... Should be interesting). Also, I've got that interview on the 8th... still anxious about it. Need to talk with my current boss about stuff and getting work hours.

In other news, my room is very nearly unpacked... untarred mostly, as there wasn't much compression, if any. I still need to set up my desktop, which will be good to do. I've covered and uncovered my desk several times in the process. Once I get the trash bags and boxes out of my room it'll be good to fill in the spaces in the last bits of organization. Need to figure out where I'm gonna fit those three or four other chassis I've acquired. On the other hand, I think I've just thought of the perfect spot. So, the end of a part-rant, part-update, the beginning of the end of the room set-up.

See y'all later!

No comments: