I Use Firefox!

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Major events summary - Spring '09

SO. There's a lot going on, and I'm not quite sure what's gonna happen this summer. Here's a brief recap:

I've gotten through another semester of school, though I'm not really sure that I got C's or better in all my classes. I've got a B for sure in at least two of my classes, but currently carrying a D in two others before the final, and no idea about the fifth. Won't find about those until tomorrow, so here's hoping.

I've got two summer courses, Intertestamental Period and Romans, so we'll see how those go. I'm interested in the information presented, and they are online so it might be a bit easier, but I don't know how the quizzes will be.

I still need to find a job for the summer, and the options range from driving cars back and forth to dealerships for my dad to working at the IT department of a local hospital, to being a fitness guy at the new YMCA by my house. I may even look around for waitering jobs if nothing else comes through.

Also, and this is really exciting... I HAVE A NEW CAR! My parents bought me a 2001 Corolla LE. It's silver/grey/"Mica" So we'll be driving that out as well as the van when I go back to school in the Fall.

Speaking of school, I need to not get any D's (unlikely), or else I'm on my own for college next semester, as per my agreement with Dad. I'm already set up with responsibilities and maybe even a job next semester at LETU, so I'll be alright as long as I find enough work to pay for most of it, like my roommate did. (Un)fortunately that means I'll have to step up the responsibility a bit more, but I only need 13 more credits, so keeping up with the schoolwork shouldn't be too bad. I've finally got a schedule that will allow me to work non-stop during the day, have half an hour for breakfast, and hour for lunch, and a 2-hour dinner, then studying afterwards. I finally also realized that I CAN break up big assignments into 20 or 30 minute chunks, and NOT have to have a certain thing done before I can move on to the next assignment. That's what's killed me before. Big assignment = "ACK! What do I do? It's too big for right now, so I guess I'll put it off till later when I have more time... oh wait. It's due tomorrow! OK, late night it is!"

So, yeah... the summer is moving on... and now I'm off to the Y to ask about that job.

No comments: