I Use Firefox!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Life and choices

Well, this summer has been a bit of a disappointment lately, as there aren't that many jobs on the horizon (read: 0) and I'm behind in my online course material. So today I will be stopping by Denny's and a local Temp Agency or two. Maybe I can find some work somewhere. Dad's got a website he wants put together, so I may be able to gain some income from that. I need money more than ever this summer because my parents got me that new car I mentioned, but with the stipulation that if I can't pay for insurance through the school year, I won't be taking it out with me. Plus, I need to pay back the back-debt that Dad has kept for me with my insurance and cell phone bills. And while I don't need that car, it'd be very excellent for getting an off-campus job that I have a chance at next semester.

Also, there are friends going through some tough times, some making good decisions, others not so much, but mostly there's a bunch of confusion and waiting. So I'm praying for them, that things will work out for the best, and that I don't get in the way of anything important, as I tend to do it seems.

In other news, I'm getting dangerously close to the real world, as I'll be graduating in December. I need to brush up my networking skills and find some place that's willing to take a fresh CIS grad for a few years or more. I may even be able to do some consulting on the side, but first I need to grab some certifications, which are mad expensive, but worth it I'm sure.

And now for the predictable song lyrics, this time from Carrie Underwood and her song "Lessons Learned". Enjoy:

There's some things that I regret
Some words I wish had gone unsaid
Some starts that had some better endings
Been some bad times I've been through
Damage I could not undo
Some things I wish I could do all all over again
But it don't really matter
When life gets that much harder
It makes you that much stronger
Oh, some pages turned
Some bridges burned
But there were
Lessons learned

. . .

There's mistakes that I have made
Some chances I just threw away
Some roads I never should've taken
Been some signs I didn't see
Hearts that I hurt needlessly
Some wounds that I wish I could have one more chance to mend
But it don't make no difference
The past can't be rewritten
You get the life you're given
Oh, Some pages turned
Some bridges burned
But there were
Lessons learned

. . .

And all the things that break you,
Are the things that make you strong!
You can't change the past,
Cause it's gone.
And you just gotta move on,
Because it's all
Lessons learned.

No comments: