I Use Firefox!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another fun post

Not too much to report on the home front, except class is going, and I still don't have a job, and my CD is suddenly losing much of its value (in that I will have debts to pay off, and that's my only source of cash for the foreseeable future. I did however manage to land a job on campus for next semester, due to my magnificent human-networking skills... Actually it was a friend that offered me the position, by adding me to the team I'll be increasing the department's workforce by 50%. (Have some quick math, enjoy!) So, it looks like it should be alright, and I'll get some experience in a field that at least somewhat resembles what I'll be working with once I graduate. I've been fascinated by circuits as of late though... blame it on Physics II. Magnetism however, is a beast. Electric fields too, but at least those are in the scope of the course. :-/ Anywho, I digress. On to the funny! If you watch Diggnation regularly you might have already seen this one, but I thought it was pretty good. It's a list of "Twenty-five Signs You've Grown Up."
Now, I can personally attest to several of them, and of course it's from a worldview that is not my own, but on the whole it's a good list. Here are some of my favorites.

#4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

#11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you. (Pretty awkward, actually...)

#16. You take naps.

#21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time. (Of course I eat it at breakfast time, I also eat it at other times. Pizza isn't bad though. ;-)

Heh, well I guess I've still got a little ways to go. I think most of them depend on me graduating from college first, so once I pass that mile marker, I'll knock several out at once. Until then, it's just a lot of hurry up and wait.

Stephe(growing)

1 comment:

Schmitty said...

No CD... :-( sad day.