I Use Firefox!

Friday, December 28, 2007

11 days...

...Into my 20th year, and I'm already being reminded of responsibility all over the place. I've already gone a quarter to a fifth of my life... what have I done with it so far? I can't wait till I'm 21. In fact, I think I'll move out in August. Who knows, maybe I'll have to stay in Maryland for school, but if I'm going to LeTourneau, I'm going to Texas. There are a few things wrapped up in that statement, and some that follow from them, see if you can decipher them all. ;-)

2 days till I see my girlfriend, I can't wait! Though I have to... Anywho, I haven't been late enough for the boss to take away my vacation, except for today, when he's being merciful and giving me an hour off for family photos, with a condition. I need to be in the store (presumably clocked in) by 13:00 on the dot or I no longer have a job at JC's. Not the best thing in the world, but it's better than nothing, and instead of everybody losing, it's a compromise of sorts. I just wish my parents saw my job as a real job. They haven't been supportive of it from the start, saying I need experience in my field, which is true, but I've got a job that I wouldn't be able to hold anywhere else, and if they want me to do school instead of work, what kind of message are they sending there? how do they expect me to pay car insurance or cell phone bills (or unexpected things like speeding tickets... ugh)? I'll have to hold a job and work for the rest of my college career probably, even if it's delivering pizzas. I'll most definitely have to work on getting things done, like homework and devotions. But other than that, I'll be out of my parents house in 2 years at the max. If things go well, that is, if God decides to bless my path, things may turn out differently. I think I'll go start building credit now.

-Gilligan (Vingtième anné)

No comments: