I Use Firefox!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Deodorant and God

So, I changed my deodorant a little while ago, and thought nothing of it.
Then yesterday I was poking around Digg, and came across GoodGuide.com, a new site designed to help you make good choices when buying products, so that you can support companies and products that are good for the environment and good for you.

I was poking around and clicking on random categories, and one of the first I went to was Men's deodorant, cause every guy needs deodorant, right? (Answer: YES.) As it turns out, my new deodorant choice, Degree Clean Slate, was one of the top rated deodorants there. This is a good thing. :-)

That got me thinking metaphorically, (because really, what doesn't?) and I thought about how much of a jerk I've been recently (Amazingly enough a sinful human like myself CAN be completely self-centered and blinded by false passions... who knew?), and how God has given, or is willing to give me a clean slate as long as I'm willing to turn everything over to Him, again. It really stinks when you realize that your plan for things really won't turn out that great for anyone involved. That's when I have to simply throw my hands up and say "It's all yours, God! It never was mine in the first place. Forgive me for being selfish and screwing things up. Help me to follow you, and mend my mistakes as only You can. Thank you for teaching me through this, and give me your strength and wisdom that I might not sin against you and others in the future."

Now that I've done that... I need to make sure to keep it in God's hands, and to try and follow His will, wherever that may lead my life.

No comments: