I Use Firefox!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Things I have accomplished

In the past week or two:

1. Got my unread Google Reader feeds down to 14 (from 140something)
2. Got my unread Gmail down to 0 (from 80something)
3. Drove to school (w/ my mom)
4. Unpacked.
5. Hooked up to internet. (Yay!)
6. Met old friends and talked to some new people. (Can't call them friends yet... I can't remember most of their names.)
7. Fixed a MAJOR problem with the registrar. (Finishing that up tomorrow... ugh. More details to follow)
8. Fixed a MAJOR problem with a friend. (That's mostly dealt with... no loose ends to think of at this point.)

That's about it... Ok, now for the more details.

Basically I'd been working with the school to get me re-enrolled over the summer, and hopefully pre-registered, even though I wasn't coming back as a "returning student". I'd been away for a year and thus should have done things the new-student way, but I've got connections. Which is a VERY good thing, because we got 40 or so freshmen on our floor, and I wouldn't have been able to snag a spot had I waited much longer. Anywho, on to the financial snafu. Issue one: How to get LeTourneau to receive the $30,000 loan I'd applied for... Apparently they need to certify it before they can get the money (to prove they're a legitimate school, I suppose.) That slowed things down a bit, and it still hasn't gone through, but now I have till September 8th to get it done. Whew.
Issue two: EVEN THOUGH I'd been talking with the school ALL SUMMER about getting me registered and enrolled and all that, when they asked for some papers, and I forgot to send a copy of my W-2s (and then handed them to Dad to deal with...) they assumed I'd withdrawn, thus clearing my Student affairs information, Blackboard account, classes, and financial aid. Ugh. Double ugh, and triple ugh. Luckily it all seemed to have gotten straightened out, but I still need to get some health forms re-submitted and dad needs to send in another piece of paper (apparently it's an important one) before everything is completely smoothed out. Also good is I will only have one more fall to deal with, and that will be done as a returning student. Easy, right? (Let's hope so.)

Also on the academic side of things, I've returned with more fervor for getting things done this time around, and actually achieving a 3.0 or better. It's too bad I didn't keep it before, cause then I'd still have some scholarships... and some need based aid. Ugh. I sucketh(ed). But no longer! Now all that's needed is a consistent schedule, getting ahead in class, and a heavy reliance on the One that keeps me alive. It's a good thing.

In relationships... Well specifically ones with girls, and most particularly the deep important ones, mine have had less than stellar interactions recently. Though most recently, we've had a big long talk that have put things to rest and in their place. I hope. I'm not dating for the next semester, and I'll be looking for potential mates starting in the spring, who knows if I'll find a suitable female... But I've got a year and a half left after this one. *sigh* Why can't relationships be so hard? Why can't they just work out? When they're on track, life is grand. When they take a turn for the worse, your whole world is upside down.

In the words of an excellent friend, "It's over, it's done, I'm back. Now time for trouble." Uh... well actually, scratch that second sentence. ;-)

Stephe (planning)

No comments: